If you remember last week, we spoke about the benefits of marketing locally in our 3 Reasons Why Every Marketing Agency Should be Doing Local Marketing article. We want to follow-up with tips on integrating Agendize into local listings on Google. Agendize appointment booking software allows you to easily install the most powerful conversion tools on the market into your website and elsewhere. It is important to add appointment booking to your local listing because Google is taking into consideration the completeness of your Google My Business (GMB) profile as a way to continue to refine search ranking position, including voice engine optimization (VEO). They will continue to adjust their algorithm to reward businesses which engage the most with their customers through Google services.
A quick solution to linking appointment booking to Google My Business is through connecting your Agendize automatically generated booking page URL, this will show ‘agendize.com’ as your appointment URL for the GMB listing. If you prefer to link traffic to your website through the appointment URL on your GMB listing, you should consider adding a designated page on your website for appointment bookings and install the Agendize iFrame into the web page.
In this tutorial, we will walk you through how to integrate our appointment booking iFrame into your website and link it to your Google My Business listing for the most optimal customer experience while keeping with the business branding:
- First, log in to your Agendize account. Go to the ‘Installation’ tab, and click on the ‘Install’ button for the specific store location. If you are managing multiple locations, you will need to make a GMB listing for each location and an appointment booking account per location. Through Agendize, you may manage all business locations under one console.
- Copy the HTML code listed under the ‘iFrame’ category. Instead of a button, this code will allow you to add your scheduling interface to the designated website page of your choice.
- Once the iFrame is installed on your designated web page, you may customize the code to change the style and dimensions to your specifications, keeping with the business branding.
- Next, log in to the Google My Business account. Navigate to the ‘Info’ tab under ‘Main Menu.’
- The option to add an ‘Appointment URL’ will show up automatically (for most service-oriented categories) under URLs within the ‘info’ tab. If this field is missing, double-check that your industry category is supported for appointment booking through GMB.
- Add the designated URL from your website appointment booking page to ‘Appointment URL.’
- Allow Google up to 3 days to review and approve the changes to your GMB listing. In some instances, the change may appear immediately following the update.
We hope this blog post was helpful to you, please feel free to contact us should you have any questions on getting started with appointment booking through Agendize and linking it to Google My Business.