Feature overviewCreate and link together your services and resources
This new business mode allows to handle both services and resources. It allows Agendize's scheduling to adapt to even more complex business models.
Now you are able to create both services and resources:
Note that your booking widget needs at least 1 service to be set, whereas resources are optional.
The same way you can link staff members to your services, you can now also link resources to them:
This means each time a given service is booked, all resources linked to it will be booked as well. If for a time slot the total amount of any resource linked to a service is booked, the service will not be bookable in that time slot.
The same way you can customize each staff member's availability, you can now set what days and times resources are available for what services:
Examples of scenarios:
- meetings (eg: classroom, seminar) that need both a presenter (staff) and a meeting room with limited seats: attendees can book a seat until the room is at fully capacity.
- house visits that need both a real estate agent to be available (to attend the visit, which is the service), and the house to be available for visits (it's the resource).
- beauty salons requiring material (resources) that limit the booking capacity whereas there are enough staff members to provide the service.
Other new settings
Together with the complete resource management, this update brings some cool new features to customize your services, like the overnight service:
As we deliver new functionalities, it is very important for us to keep supporting previous functionalities and workflows.
- In the User Interface, all new companies will be created with this new Service & Resource mode, but all companies previously created (either service or resource based) will still work.
- Using our APIs, it is still possible to manage companies using the former service mode and resource mode. Any new company created with services will be automatically in service and resource mode.
Please note that it's not possible to switch a company from one mode to another.